How much does it cost to install sod?
Sod is turf that is grown commercially at the farm, cut into strips, and lifted intact with a thin layer of soil held together by the rhizomes, the roots. Installing a sod lawn is much like laying a carpet. The objective is to re-establish the grass roots in well-prepared soil.
All sodding service companies quote sod installations jobs per square foot.
The price for lawn installation ranges from $0.75 to $4 per square foot.
The average cost of residential sod replacement is $ 1.8 - $ 3.5 per square foot.
The rate for commercial sodding project is from $ 0.75 per square foot.
Booking for 2022
season is now OPEN!
Secure your spot for new sod installation!
The factors that affect the cost of the lawn re-sodding:
1. Project area size - the larger the lawn to be sodded the lower will be the price rate per square foot. That’s why we always recommend to unite with neighbors on the same street to get a better price.
2. Grading - uneven lawns or significant changes to the terrain when a higher than the usual amount of grading required will increase the total price of the project.
3. Soil quality of the existing lawn –clay soil will require more topsoil to be worked in.
4. Existing landscape obstacles (tree roots, large rocks, debris, hardscape features).
5. Limited access to the backyard.
For example access to the backyard through the house, narrow fence gate. It will create an Inability to put turf skids near the work area. It means that the sodding job needs more labor hours.
6. Whether pre- sodding weed treatment is required.
Sodding will decrease the number of weeds but will not remove them completely and forever. Regular lawn maintenance is required. For lawns with an excessive number of weeds, we offer pre-sodding treatment with nature and pet-friendly solutions. The treatment is optional and for an extra cost.
7. Whether Removal and disposal of the existing lawn is required.
The cost for new construction lawn installation will be less as there is no need to remove and dispose of the existing lawn. On the other hand, very often new developments come with an unleveled lawn and it might cost a little more to make proper grading.
8. Installation of Sprinkler Irrigation system.
It’s a very useful feature that will help you to maintain (water) your new sod and increase the value of the lawn. This is an optional service and depends on personal choice and for an extra charge.
9. Installation of Landscape Lights.
It’s an optional feature that will increase the curb appeal of the property. (extra charge)
Turf grass is a general term used to describe grasses suitable for lawns because of their growth habit and tolerance of regular mowing.
For sod and labor
We provide lawn replacement price per sq. ft.
Our cost includes:
No hidden fees!
Learn more about our sod installation process.
Cost (price, rate) for sod installation (Lawn. sod replacement) in Concord, Maple, Woodbridge, Vaughan, North York, Markham, Scarborough, Newmarket, Kleinburg, Bradford, King City, East Gwillimbury, Brampton, Aurora, Etobicoke, Greater Toronto Area, Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Toronto Ontario